Benefits of forming a local IARF Retiree Club
- Elect Club Officers. Schedule Club Meetings.
- Staying in contact with your friends and co-workers.
- Being informed with the correct information - discussing and identifying problems of retirees in your City and State wide.
- Keeping up to date on Firefighter Pension Laws and any changes.
- Have an active member assigned from your Local Union to attend and keep you informed on their activities.
- Invite guest speakers- Council Members, any interest for the well being of your members.
- Invite candidates for public office to speak to you and seek your support. Let them know you are a viable organization and your endorsement means something.
- Donate time and money to the candidate of your choice.
- Help with or conduct Firefighter Memorial Services.
- Sponsor a picnic, dance for a get together for members.
- Committe for sick brothers/sisters.
- Send out occasional newsletter to all retiree's.
- Submit articles and or pictures to the IARF semi-annual magazine.
- Work for charities, donate to them - get your name recognized - again as a viable organization.
- Work hand in hand with your active FF Local Unions! Very Very Important!!
- Your club with only be as good and strong as you make!!
Member Associated Fire
Fighters of Illinois